Monday, November 29, 2010

Listen to Queen

     Been working on 007 a bit. Took a little bit of time to glue up this blank, as the foam so far has come from no less than four (4) different sources. The finished blank is above, with the outline drawn...
...and cut out. It's going to be a 5'2" x 21 3/4" x 3" (tentatively) mini-simmons. Initially I was going to make a short egg type thing, with a single-fin box and a Probox quad setup, but I after I realized I had enough foam I decided to do a mini-simmons. I've been wanted to do one since I started shaping, and there's no time like the present. I think I'm just going to go with a twin-fin setup at first, way back about 1 1/2 off of the tail or so, then maybe try a quad. Everyone of these I see has the fins way back, so I figure I'll start there.
     I'm no professional, but I don't recommend using nails to fix your surfboard, as it seems the person who owned this board prior to me did. Very odd.



If I were to tell you should not only listen to Queen very often, but also take them absolutely seriously, you might scoff. You might picture a very flamboyant Freddie Mercury, clad in an interesting white spandex outfit, jumping around he stage singing one of Queen's overplayed radio hits, and you might laugh. But if you do, I say you're the fool and have never heard Queen, Queen II, and Sheer Heart Attack. The only song you might recognize from these first three albums is "Killer Queen," the second track on the third album. You might not be familiar with the blistering Queen II album closer, "Seven Seas of Rhye," in the above video, or the beautiful "Nevermore," below, or the opener to Sheer Heart Attack, "Brighton Rock," also below. Please listen to these first three albums, straight through each one. You won't regret it.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment