Saturday, March 31, 2012

My Week In Review, or, Ouch! The Musical

     I introduced my finger to the spinning blade of a circular saw on Monday. That's the wound after it was temporarily stitched at the urgent care. It looked quite a bit worse when it happened, but I'm proud to say I didn't pass out the, either.
    That's me yesterday, all prepped for surgery at the Rothman Institute. At one time, I thought the likelihood of me being conscious with an IV in my hand was slim, but now I know.
    The surgery went well, or so I'm told. I was busy time-traveling to three hours after it started, which is when I woke up. Synopsis: Completely severed artery, tendon, and nerve, as well as a nicely nicked bone. Probably won't regain 100% operation, so that may put a damper on future PMMP reunions. Oh well, at least the finger is still on my hand.
     And, of course, waves tomorrow.

Movies I've watched today (in viewing order):
 
Two-Lane Blacktop - Starring James Taylor, Dennis Wilson, and Warren Oates.


Breaking Away - 1979 cycling film. As mentioned in a previolus post, I have been cycling a lot. I did a fifty mile ride last Thursday, which felt really good and was a really nice milestone to reach, and I've been gearing up to do some bike camping, but I guess that will have to wait.


Triplets of Belleville - If you have never seen it, do yourself favor and see it. If you have, but haven't seen it in a while, do yourself a favor an see it again.
 

Sorry if this seems rambling, my pain medication has just started to take effect, and that combined with one useable hand have made this tough typing. Maybe if I was typing in Dvorak....

2 comments: