Sunday, August 8, 2010

Another Jay Nine Bag! Also: Dark Fall Apologies.

      Jeannine made a bag for Mark's board, and here it is! The bricks on the nose match the bricks on the SF lam. You can check out Jeannine's Etsy shop RIGHT HERE. She has a bunch of vintage ladies clothing and things like that.
     Surfed this morning and it was nice to finally get some waves that had some size (4 -5 ft.) and power to them. Nice to not have to pump and flounder on small gutless mush. Got me more thirsty for hurricanes.
     Also, after some discussion today I feel I may have been too hard on Dark Fall. Still, I'll probably never watch it again, and I still stick to my argument that the narrator's voice and the ideas it transmitted were not very intelligent sounding, and I think for someone who doesn't surf it really degrades the movie and surfing in general. Wise up.

     This one's for Ryan, and all you wonderful vegetarians out there. I'm not the first to say "Thou shall not kill!" Even though more closely translated, Exodus 20:13 says, "Thou shalt not murder," which is way different than kill, murder still involving killing but "unlawfully with malice aforethought" (OED). Anyway, Gorilla Biscuits' "Cats and Dogs", from their second album Start Today.

1 comment:

  1. Nice dude! I haven't been on here in a little while, i like the disection of lyrics. BUT: "Man's best friend is beautiful, affectionate, an ideal pet."

    Unreal.

    ReplyDelete