Friday, February 19, 2010

The Song Remains The Same

    
     I meant to add this song as the Oldies 1340 AM Song of the Day, and while the day has changed, the song remains the same. No, it's not Led Zeppelin, it's We Five, with their 1965 version of "You Were On My Mind." Such a good song. I love those key changes from verse to verse and that twelve-string jangling outro.Also, in this video the band looks like they're really having fun, which they probably were.


     That's enough of that. As far as Strange Flora related things, I've been working on a template for Frank's board, and I recently made this fin here, a trailer fin for a thruster copied from a Future fin template (which is their take on the Weber "Hatchet" fin that came with the Performer way back when). I wanted to try it, but they don't have it on a the fin tree, so I made it. Seems like with the narrow base, it'll make a board looser, but with the full tip also hold in really well. I really want to try it on my old Cannibal "Rocketfish" since that's what I've decided to take to Puerto Rico. It's my most versatile board when it comes down to it, and is also older and seen better days, so if the baggage handlers get rough with it, I won't be so bummed (although I'd rather bring 002 and have them smash i, but that's another thing).  I'm also going to make glass-on rear fins for 002, to make it a quad and try it that way. We'll see how it goes. Forecast for next week is looking pretty good, and not a moment too soon because I'm jonesin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment