Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Way To Blue

     Well, I've taken advantage of this outrageous flat spell to actually "finish" the Strange Flora shaping/glassing facilities. It got to be too disheartening working around open framing and bare insulation, not to mention not quite energy-efficient, so I decided to do some work before proceeding with anything else board-related. Now I have an actual space,  with a door (!) and switched overhead lights (!!). I think if all the World could get as excited as I am about those simple things, then maybe, just maybe, this sinking blue ship would be saveable.
     Oh yeah, and all those boards lying around aren't clutter, they're boards in the midst of repairs, all sanded and waiting for some resin work. After finishing up the last board wading through junk sandpaper, extension cords, tools, dust, and used masking tape, I made a New Year's Resolution, something I am not very wont to do, to keep the shop clean. It'll be better for the boards, and it'll be better for my mind, too.
 
 PLEASE KNOCK! Well it looks like waves just around the corner, and not a moment too soon before I lose my landlocked mind! As Ishmael says:
"Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking peoples hats off - then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can. This is my substitute for pistol and ball."

Today's musical selection seems to befit the first rainy day we've had in a while. If you haven't heard of, or perhaps, have heard of but have not heard, Nick Drake, I implore you to do so at your earliest convenience. All three albums are great, and all the collections of unreleased material are equally worth your while.





No comments:

Post a Comment