Sunday, October 6, 2013

New Board and Other Photos

     Been a while, but when there's no news, there's good news, as they say. The good news comes in twos, because A) there has been quite a lot of swell lately, and B)I finished this board, 012, a couple weeks ago, the night before it got really good one morning.
     This board, like Henry, is literally stronger than the storm. As my shop flooded during Sandy, the shaped blank for 012 took float and got a few good gouges, dings and dents, and took on a good amount of water . I let it sit for quite a while and almost abandoned it entirely before I looked at it one day and figured I'd better finish it. So I did....
....And I'm loving it. The low rocker, the big twin keels, the flat bottom to V out the back all translate into fast fast fast. It holds a high line on steep speedy barreling waves, but it also maintains a lot of speed in mushy flats to connect to inside sections such as those the south end has been exhibiting at certain tides lately.  And it goes backside pretty nicely too!
 Here's the only picture of it in action so far. See, I love it so much it makes me dance!

 Beautiful lugs on a classic Carlton. Not mine, unfortunately.





 Indiana's geese are NOT to be crosssed!


No comments:

Post a Comment