Monday, November 24, 2014

I'm Back, Baby!



Well, it's been a really long time since I posted here, the longest lapse ever, and it's something I can't explain. I have yet to figure out why my brain can sometimes switch from one thing to another so quickly and so completely, but for some reason my interests strayed from this blog, and from the original subject of said blog, surfboard construction. Although I have been doing some SF stuff here and there, and here's proof:


But the truth is, my creative output has been pretty slim. Generally, in the past, when I find myself slacking on creative endeavors, I get down on myself and start to feel like I'm wasting my time and talents. But that hasn't been the case with this latest lapse on the creative front. In fact, it's been quite the opposite. Basically because I've been riding my bikes, a lot, and I have never been on my bike and found myself wishing I was working on some project. Maybe because I have a lot of different bikes to ride, which equals a lot of different types of riding. And riding bikes is just so much fun.


Basically, my life philosophy is pretty hedonistic. Not in a way that puts my pleasure before everything else, but in a way that if I feel like riding bikes is going to give me more pleasure than, say, sanding a hotcoated board down, or surfing mushy south wind swell, then I'm going to ride my bike. And when I try to force myself to do otherwise, then that's when the projects don't come out as good as they should.

That being said, I will admit I've been a little lazy as far as creative projects: surfboard construction, music, writing, building things, etc., but to my credit, my laziness has taken the form of , which sometimes includes riding hundreds of miles at a time.


But enough about bikes, this blog started as a blog about surfing and surboard construction, and these are still things that I do and love doing. So I'm going to try and make boards more, because there's nothing like the feeling of a brand-new, just-sanded board. And there are waves tomorrow. So go surf, and I promise to keep up with this blog more often from now on...
...and this is how much Henry cares about that.


Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra

No comments:

Post a Comment