Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It is time...

...for stormy weather. Hurricane Earl hurls towards the coast, and it looks like this one is going to definitely send some monumental swell. A lot of people had harsh bells ringing in their ears when they checked the waves Saturday/Sunday, and while the mid-afternoons may have been lackluster, the mornings and evenings were outstanding, if you could weather the crowds. This picture is from the infamous Holyoke, where the crowds were confining:
Ha!
     Just kidding, it's from Surfy Surfy, but if it was a left, that could have been from the aforementioned break, where at least 30 people were out at one time. I don't normally subject myself to torture, I'm no masochist, so instead of pushing for the point like so many cool guys and gals, we decided to hang off the outside, which allowed us to garner many tasty waves.
  
 






     The space above is where some water shots of us surfing would be, had I not forgotten to fasten the locking latch on my Dad's waterproof camera. allowing it to open and fill instantaneously with water, destroying it. It met with death after three shots of Frank silhouetted by the sunrise. Cute.
     Anyway, Earl's almost here, Fiona's out there, and we've had solid surf for eight of the last nine days, with not much end in site. Looks like everything's coming up roses.
    


     "Stormy Weather," the 13th track off of the Pixies' 1990 album Bossanova. Every time I listen to the Pixies,  I find myself wondering why I don't listen to them more.

No comments:

Post a Comment