Saturday, September 25, 2010

Some Joker in VB...


 And I quote:

"The waves weren't so hot as Caleb Kauchak and his friends paddled out off Sandbridge on Friday. So the 18-year-old decided to goad Poseidon, the sea god in Greek mythology, into sending some better surf.
'Smite me, oh mighty Poseidon!' he shouted.
The response he got wasn't the one he was expecting. As he stood in chest-deep water next to his surfboard, Kauchak felt a searing pain as something took a bite out of his ankle. He jumped onto his board and felt another wave of pain as the creature clamped down on his knee, he said."

Well, Caleb, I guess that will teach you to take the great Greek myths so lightly.


     While I was working outside today doing a major overhaul on the interior of the shop (it and I had reached a critical mass with the disorganization around the place, and I probably would have had a breakdown if I didn't do something, quick, so I did) I heard some clowns walking down the street singing something. As they passed I realized that something was familiar, then I realized that something was Weezer. The song they were singing wasn't the song above, which is "Only In Dreams," the 10th track from their 1994 debut album, but "Say It Ain't So," the seventh track from the same album. After I realized what they were singing, I also realized that, oddly enough, I hadn't listened to Weezer in a long, long time. So here they are, so you can listen too. 

2 comments:

  1. The Poseidon statue at VB is actually even cooler than the one you posted. Check out how he has to hold back that sea turtle!

    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/48/Statue_of_Neptune,_Virginia_Beach,_Virginia,_USA.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, just saw your comment. That statue is amazing.

    ReplyDelete