Monday, September 6, 2010

Some Photographs

Here are some scans of photographs taken this past Saturday's Hurricane Earl swell at Sandal. The light is kind of off on them because the battery on my camera (Olympus OM-1) was dead, so the light meter was not operational. Still, they came out not so bad. Here they are. The shots of Frank and I are shot by Jeannine.
Frank on the best wave of the afternoon session. 
 Me, upgrading my rainbow. 
Frank and I paddling, with a small metallic waterspout behind us?
Mysterious. 
No, I did not make it.
     Well, that's it for now. There may be a few more pictures from Sunday morning, but I have to get that roll developed. This was the first time using my telephoto lens to shoot actual action, and the first time Jeannine has taken pictures of surfing, so I'd say all in all they came out pretty good. Next time we'll have the light thing worked out, hopefully, because all the shots of me getting huge airs didn't come out that great. Too close to the sun.

Wavelength, by Michael Snow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment