Wednesday, April 4, 2012


Quicksilver - 1986 - If a young Kevin Bacon with a tiny mustache as a super-successful 80s Wall Street-type guy doesn't exude smug jerkiness, I don't know who does. Of course, he loses everything, and decides to become a bike messenger. Not a bad movie. Roger Daltry does the theme,"Quicksilver Lightning."

Also, I read The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie yesterday. I am a huge fan of detective fiction, be it hard-boiled or Golden Age or otherwise, but am ashamed to say that up until now I had never read any Agatha Christie. This novel is, according to some, one of her masterpieces, partly owing to the huge convention-defying twist of an ending. Great, colorful, well-fleshed characters throughout. I'll be reading more Christie, someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment