Thursday, April 12, 2012

Still Ill...

     I hope all of you people with fully-functioning appendages have been enjoying the beautiful weather, while I sit in solitude in my "drug den," as Jeannine has affectionately called the living room since my injury. It's not bad now, but before, when I was on the pain pills and drowsy and all the blinds were closed all day, I'd say her label fit. Now the blinds are open, my bike is set up on the trainer so I can start to get some exercise again, and the sleeping bag is away (well, on it's way to being away. It's tricky impossible to roll up a sleeping bag with one hand). I've been reading more now that the percocet fog has lifted, revisiting Hemingway  (if any one has my copy of The Sun Also Rises, gimme!) and continuing my stay with Raymond Chandler.
     Also, I have been gardening some. In fact, I was just doing that when I came inside to check some planting info out, and in just the few minutes I was inside that monster above (Henry) proceeded to take advantage of the fence being momentarily down, obliterating one whole square of the garden. Casualties: 16 lettuce, 8 spinach, 18 beets, 2 collard greens. Fortunately, they were just little seedlings, but still. What a monster.
     I'm still watching an inordinate amount of movies, too, so here:

3:10 to Yuma (1957) - Pretty exciting if you like westerns, which I do, but only good ones. I'll probably watch the new one soon.


Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - Just watched this last night. It's been a while since I read the book, but from what I remember, this film got it pretty spot on. The story is incredibly heartbreaking and heavy, but not without its many moments of light. This was one of those films where you don't say much after, and just let the credits roll for a few minutes and think.

1 comment: