Friday, July 5, 2013

Blog Defibrillation


 Alright, so let's see...It has been a while since my last post, and some may have thought this blog to have entered the realm of "things Chris does with zeal but then stops doing forever," but alas, this is not the case. I have been meaning to restart this blog for months, but for some reason or another I haven't. A combination of doing a lot and relaxing a lot.

On the surfboard front, I have not been making boards as much as I have in the past, but I did finish this one, which is technically 012 but officially 011. If memory serves correctly, it is a combination of the templates of 008 and 010. I have surfed it a bunch, and really like it. I was surprised to find that it wasn't as difficult backside as I thought it may be, as sometimes quads are little tricky backside. It's definitely not my best board, either form or function, but it's a fun board that surfs well. It's also the first board I have made for myself out of the block of EPS I bought a long, long time ago.
I have also been riding my bicycle a lot. Above is a picture of my second annual semi-official Blueberry Run. This year I loaded 36 pints of blueberries on the ol' Nishiki and hauled them home. Well, it actually turned into 35. And a little further down the road, 34 pints. I find New Jersey blueberries irresistible. (On a related side note, someone please fund my idea for a sappy romantic comedy set on a NJ blueberry farm called "Jersey Blues." General premise: daughter of blueberry farmer falls in love with worker, all the while farm is failing and they need to find a way to save it. Happy endings for all, except for the huge meth ring bust and the father dying. I would like this movie to have been filmed in the late '90s and star someone like Drew Barrymore, Sandra Bullock, or maybe J. Lo as the daughter. She will have to have all of her fingertips stained blue (from sorting millions of blueberries, of course) for the duration of the film.)
 Cool dudes.
A bunch of friends and I also rode the "1st Annual Longest Day Dogfish Head Brew Pub Bicycle Tour," in which we rode down to Cape May, took the ferry to Delaware, camped and terrorized Rehoboth Beach on our bicycles. It ended up being about 180 mile total over a couple days, and that includes the amazing ~4 mile trail that lead from our campsite to Rehoboth Beach proper, and, at the end of the rainbow, Dogfish Brewpub, which had great food and, obviously, amazing beers. Also: white chocolate cherry bread pudding, which still blows my mind just thinking about it. Great trip, can't wait to do it again. 
 So here's to the revival of the Strange Flora blog, and all that is contained herein!
Not surprisingly, with all the time that has passed since my last post, Henry has stayed cute, so here's the obligatory picture of him.

Sometimes I feel like if this album were the only album I was allowed to listen to for the rest of my life, that would be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment