Sunday, July 7, 2013

This Blog Isn't the Only Strange Flora I've Resurrected

Well, it seemed to me that waiting around for some kind of divine inspiration wasn't doing the trick, so on Friday I made myself go out and shape the fish pictured above. It felt really good to get out there, break out the ol' Skil 100 and get covered in foam again. And the AC in the shop definitely helped with the "feeling good" part. The board came out not bad, just needs some fine tuning, then for me to make a set of keels for it, then it'll be ready to glass.

Here's a sneak peak at my new film called Henry Beats the Heat. It will be a full shot done in one long take of my dog, wearing a woman's gardening hat, lying on the grass in 90 degree sunshine, panting. It will be a hit among the art cinema crowd. It'll be five minutes long, but shot on my one roll of Super 8 film I have lying around. "It can't be done!" you are probably shouting. "Five minutes on one Super 8 roll?! IMPOSSIBLE!" Well, that will be the secret to the film's success. It'll be like a loaves and fishes thing.
OK, I'll shut up now. Time to go get sushi anyway.

Bardo Pond, "A Tune," off of the collection Batholith. I really enjoy shaping boards to music like this, at least I did on Friday. It really allows my mind to focus on what I'm doing and I find everything, the tools, the blank, the music, and me, flows together. It's a really nice feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment