Sunday, July 21, 2013

Guaranteed to Have the Time of your Life!

     This board survived the Great Storm, literally. When my shop flooded I ran out to find it floating around on the in a foot of water. It was a board I shaped a while ago, didn't like how the rails came out, left it half forgotten and abandoned leaning against the wall of the shop, then, after sitting on the blank rack covered in dust and cobwebs, and on its way to mouldering like John Brown's Body, after I finished what will be SF012 (I think), I decided to allow more than this board's soul to go marching on, and fix the rails and finish it. I'm excited to surf it, as it will be quite a bit lighter than the garbology experiment that was SF007, which measures 5'2 or something and weighs as much as some longboards.
Stack o' keels waiting to be foiled...

 ...and a pair that has been glassed and ready for a trim. I've realized I need to be in the right mood to go out and foil fins. I tried a couple when I just wasn't feeling it, and they came out awful (not saying the fins above are perfect, but you should've seen the previous attempts).

 This one's for all my librarian friends!
      Scalloped Early White Summer Squash from the garden. Last yeah, this variety of summer squash all developed blossom end rot and I didn't get one strange fruit at all, while the other squashes and zucchinis did well. This year, while the others are still doing well, the Scalloped White bush grew like gangbusters, and has really been producing. I think this is the fifth one that we'll get so far, and it shows no sign of stopping. The only foreseeable thing that could happen is the dreaded Squash Vine Borer, which has already taken a toll on one of the other plants


No comments:

Post a Comment