Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's An Absolute Dreamboat.

Quick update on the board before work. Took it out again on Tuesday morning. We went down to Holgate again. The waters were a little choppier, but the waves were still waist to chest and breaking in some pretty long lines between 1st Street and Wooden Jetty. We went out and had it to ourselves for almost the whole time. I got some great rides on the board, and then I had a string of nose dives that were extremely frustrating and almost made me quit surfing for good. But then I got a really nice one, a soaring left during which I regained my faith in surfing and life in general. One thing I noticed, and especially later on when it got choppier, was that the chop had no effect on the board. It just cut rate through it, since it's more in the water than on the water. It felt really smooth. I'm still getting used to it but so far the board feels like a success. Maybe I'll call this one the Dreamboat, and if I make a better version in the future, that will be the Absolute Dreamboat. Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new shape, now let's take it out Monday and see if it can handle some 6-8ft Monmouth Beach freight trains.

    playaaaaaaaaaaa

    -Ryan

    ReplyDelete