Sunday, April 25, 2010

A new home, a new board, and no waves!

     As most of you probably already know, this past week Jeannine and I bought the above house. It is blue and located in Tuckerton. In the bottom left you can get a glimpse of the future headquarters of Strange Flora, not too mention whatever projects I'm in the midst of. So I've been busy with the house stuff for the most part, which is pretty fun. Rebuilding the old wooden windows that need it should be interesting, and fixing up the shed to be a shaping/glassing room on one side and a wood shop on the other will a nice challenge, as far as getting the most out of the space provided.
     BUT just because I haven't been posting, don't assume there hasn't been any activity on the surfboard construction front. On Thursday night, I glassed the flats of the fin panels, as the are going to be single-foil. They're looking pretty nice, I can't wait to start foiling them.
     Also, tonight I decided to do the first lam coat. I was just intending to get the board ready for glassing tomorrow morning, but as I did that, I got an energy boost, so I did it. It came out not bad. I'm excited to get this board done, of course I don't see the point since we don't get any waves anymore.
     Yeah, so it's been an exciting couple of days, with a lot more excitement to come as we move into our new home. Hopefully I'll get to do the other lam tomorrow morning, and then maybe, just maybe, the first hotcoat tomorrow evening. But I don't know about that. What I do know is that it's 2:52 in the AM, it's raining outside, and I'm tired. Good night.

1 comment:

  1. waves today chest high and fun this morning, suppossed to get better thurs

    ReplyDelete