Monday, April 19, 2010

oh oh four

     Basically finished shaping 004 this evening. There are some minor adjustments that need to be made, but I'm going to wait and do the final final sanding right before I glass, because I know I'll just keep on messing with it if I go near it with a piece of sandpaper before then. I already started to go at it too much today, but I refrained and called it quits for the night.
     It should be a fun board, definitely a lot of foam. I picked up the fin boxes from Greenlight in Philly on Saturday, along with two (2) blanks: one for Mark's board, and one for Ryan's. It'll be cool making theirs (hopefully) very soon after I finish this one, instead of there being a couple months in between.
     I've also been up to this the past couple days: four cedar panels for four wood fins. I laid up the panels out of seven 3/4" strips, and then I surface planed them today. They came out really flat and it should be fun making the fins for the Probox system. I'm really excited to be able to experiment with fin placement without having to make a whole new board. Plus, these will be pretty cheap, and I've got plenty more cedar if I want to experiment further (double foiled fronts and/or rears, smaller rear trailers, a Canard Quad Cutaway setup, etc.). I hope to begin glassing this week. I've just got to finalize the decal for the board, which I think I'm going to do right now.
     P.S. - There is a type of bird I've been hearing a lot lately, and it has the most sing-songy carefree birdsong I think I've ever heard. I laugh every time I hear it. Once I am able to identify said bird, I'll share it with all you bird-lovers out there.

2 comments:

  1. that board looks sick, are you sure you werent a shaper in another life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm not sure but I think it is pronounced boom-bastik like boombastic

    ReplyDelete