Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Back to Normal

     Well, it seems Summer is somewhat back to normal, wave- and weather-wise at least. It's a little cooler, and the waves have dropped off for a couple days at least, and while I'm not exactly happy that that's the case, it does give me some time to get to some other things. Like sailing, for instance, and running, just to name a couple. The 32nd annual Dog Day Race is coming up on August 15, and I recently realized that while I had planned to train more for this, with the waves as they've been I've been running between 0-1 times a week. Oh well, I'll do it, but might not beat my time from last year, as was my original goal. Then again, I might, and anyway, it's pretty much just about getting the t-shirt, right?
     So I saw a flyer for this art show somwhere a couple weeks back, but forgot to post something about it. Now I've remembered, so I am. It's called Where Oceans Converge, and is going to be at the Long Beach Island Arts Foundation. It opens this weekend, and will feature ocean- and surf-related art from artists from all over the country. Seems pretty interesting. over the course of the exhibit there will be three surf films shown as well as an auction, benefit, and some live music. I might go check it out, but we'll see. I've still got to go to the surf museum at the Seaport, which is only a five minute walk from my house and I have yet to make it. What a bum.


Stupid video, good song. "Strawberryfire," by the Apples In Stereo, off of their 1999 album Her Wallpaper Reverie.

2 comments:

  1. me & spuds will see you at the races

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, should be fun. Unless some wiseguy spectator calls me Forrest Gump again, then there will be trouble. Like they've never seen someone with a beard run before....

    ReplyDelete