Friday, July 30, 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen...

...we are floating in space. Tonight Jason "Spaceman" Pierce, with his band Spiritualized®, played, or rather, is playing their 1997 masterpiece Ladies and Gentlemen, We are Floating in Space in its entirety at Radio City Music Hall, backed with a full orchestra and choir. I was going to go, but due to time/money restrictions opted not to. Now, after listening to the album earlier to commemorate my folly, I feel a little sad for not going. I love most of Mr. Spaceman's music, with both Spiritualized and his previous band, Spacemen 3, and to see him play in the aforementioned conditions would have been really spectacular. Oh well, next time. Oh yeah, there probably won't be a next time.
    





2 comments:

  1. Word on the internet is that this was the "show of the year"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that just breaks my heart. For real.

    ReplyDelete