Monday, July 5, 2010

Hot.

     Well, 005 is basically completely shaped. Finished it off yesterday. All it needs now is some final touches, which will be done right before it gets the finboxes glassed in. We're going with Futures on this board. The fact of the matter is that it's hot out, and it's going to be bad business glassing in this heat and humidity. I'm going to have to wait until the evening most definitely. Towards the end of the week it looks like it will be a little cooler. I don't mind the heat really, but sometimes after working all day in 90+ temperatures, it's hard to make myself go out and work on stuff. See Serious Delirium.
      Also looks like some waves (hopefully) towards the end of the week. Had an excellent day last Tuesday, phenomenal actually. Lost a fin because while the glass is strong, the cedar underneath is not and I must have cranked down too hard on the finbox screws, and it crushed the cedar. So some as I'm running up the beach looking for it, I see some strange guy who was wading in the shorebreak wearing a drysuit (!) holding up my fin. A hero! So I surfed the rest of the time without it, and the board worked fine, because there were mostly rights and I still had two fins in that side.
   

"Nothing Ever Happened," the ninth track off of Deerhunter's 2008 album Microcastle. Really good album, and great song off of that album. Love the jam at the end. Also check out out Bradford Cox's other band, Atlas Sound. Good stuff.

1 comment:

  1. chris she is a beauty, if it is to hot dont worry about glassing til its cooler, thanks again talk to you soon so pumped!!!!!

    ReplyDelete