Saturday, December 19, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....


     ...everywhere you go. Especially outside, where we've got a few inches of snow already, and they're calling for a lot more. It also looks like an early Christmas gift is coming in the form of an excellent swell brought on by this holiday nor'easter. It looks like it's going to be pretty nice, and an excellent test for all the new wetsuit stuff I've gotten, because up until now the weather has been mostly mild, and the water has hovered in the mid-50s. But tomorrow morning will be a different story: snow, water temps in the 40s, and wind in the 20s. It'll be beautiful.
     On the board front, I received the stuff I was waiting for on Friday. Really, I had everything to start but the 1/8" tape for the stringer, and I've been trying to figure out a graphic for the board, which I've done, but now I've got to figure out placement so I can tape off for it before painting, which I think I've done, but I'm still not sure. I wanted to start painting the blank this weekend, but I don't think I'm going to, what with waves all day tomorrow and Christmas preparations today. But we'll see, I think I'll at least get it taped off today. At this point I don't expect to get it done by Christmas, but definitely by the new year. Hopefully....

No comments:

Post a Comment